Grandmother coat


 The coat belonged first to the grandmother of my best childhood friend, acquired by the way at the iconic Galeries Lafayette. Then my mother used it for over 20 years, sometimes directly on top of her pyjamas and and now I wear it during the Nordic winter.
Warm, perfect, heavy and with an unique texture, It transported me to another time and I feel a bit like the grandmother of my best childhood friend when she walked wearing the same coat, with her husband through the streets of Paris.

El abrigo perteneció primero a la abuela de mi mejor amigo de la infancia, adquirido por cierto en los icónicos almacenes Galeries Lafayette. Después lo usó mi madre durante mas de 20 años, algunas veces directamente encima de la pijama y y ahora me lo pongo yo en el invierno nórdico.
Calentito, perfecto, pesado y con una textura única, me hace sentir transportada a otra época y me siento un poco como la abuela de mi mejor amigo de la infancia cuando caminaba con el mismo abrigo, del brazo de su esposo por las calles de París.


Το παλτό άνηκε πρώτα στη γιαγιά του καλύτερού μου παιδικού φίλου, και μάλιστα αγοράστηκε στην περίφημη γκαλερί Λαφαγιέτ. Κατόπιν, το χρησιμοποίησε η μητέρα μου για 20 χρόνια, μερικές φορές με τις πυτζάμες της. Τώρα το φοράω κατα τη διάρκεια του Σκανδιναβικού χειμώνα.
Ζεστό, τέλειο, βαρύ και με μοναδική υφή, με μετέφερε σε άλλες εποχές και αισθάνομαι λίγο σαν τη γιαγιά του παιδικού μου φίλου, όταν το φόραγε στις Παρισιανές οδούς.
coat: Burberry / jeans: H&M / jersey: Cubus / beret: Basque / gloves: Accessorize

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bizzare case of stripes

Nicely flat

Play into hands